What Do I Need To Bring To My Immigration Exam?
If you are applying for your US citizenship or visa, Gulfview Medical Institute is the premier practice in Punta Gorda, FL, to get an immigration medical exam. Dr. Navid and his medical team provide comprehensive immigration exams to people of all ages living throughout Arcadia, Port Charlotte and Englewood, FL.
Joseph Ravid is a government-authorized doctor who can provide you with the appropriate physical you need. An immigration exam consists of several parts:
- Evaluating your medical history and immunizations
- A comprehensive physical and mental examination
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Screenings and testing for certain illnesses
- While we understand that this can be a stressful time for you and your family, know that there is nothing to worry about. We are happy to answer any questions you have so that the medical exam goes smoothly.
The medical exam must be performed prior to your green card interview, so it’s important to allow enough time. Some people decide to schedule their medical exams after filing their green card application; however, it’s often best to schedule your appointment before you start the application process.
When you come to our office in Punta Gorda, FL, for your immigration exam here’s what you should bring with you,
- Your detailed medical history
- Vaccination records
- A letter from your doctor detailing any health problems you have and current treatment plans
- Your health insurance card, if you have one
- A government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, work permit or passport
- The medical exam fee payment
- Form I-693, the “Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record” (this is the form that our doctor will fill out as proof of your medical exam)
- Download the Form I-693 from the USCIS website and bring it with you to our office. It’s a good idea to download this form as the USCIS does update and make changes to this form regularly, and we want to make sure that you have the newest form so your application is approved.